Thursday, June 03, 2021

SMS/SMU Isiah 3: 16-17

So Many Silenced, So Many Unnamed

Isiah 3: 16-17 Moreover the Lord saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet: 

17 Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the Lord will discover their secret parts.

Olivia Brouwer

“this series of Braille passages is taken from Bible verses that interpret the idea of blindness as a metaphor for one’s own relationship to faith and spirituality. The stitches sewn into frosted mylar is a response to an experience I had when wanting a contact lens to disguise my blind eye when I was self-conscious of it’s “ugliness”. The doctor recommended that a contact lens be sewn onto my eye. I neglected the idea and chose to expose my eye as it is.”




 

No comments: